Drugs and alcohol detox in New Jersey
Looking at a New Jersey detox rehab for a loved one or for yourself can be a frustrating experience. What type of drug detox treatment is the best? How long should the detox treatment be? Should the detox or rehab be out-patient or residential rehabilitation treatment?
Drug rehab services can help you find:
- Detox rehabs in New Jersey
- Detox treatment
- Detox rehabilitation
- Detox centers
- Detox Withdrawal treatments
The purpose of detoxification is to rid the body of toxins accumulated by substance usage. The first step of detox is substance withdrawal. Drug withdrawal is “the action or procedure to stop using an addictive substance.” When an individual has stopped using drugs physical and behavioral withdrawal effects may start. Detoxification is a process that helps decrease the uncomfortable effects of drug withdrawal.
Detox is done in many different ways depending on the facility you decide to receive treatment. Most detox centers simply provide drug treatment to avoid physical withdrawal due to alcohol & other substances. A quality detox program will not only provide the person during detox but help with the physical withdrawal and the psychological cause of the individual’s dependency problem, so as to diminish the chances of relapse.
Drug detox can be viewed in three separate steps:
1. Medical Detoxification: A medical doctor will supervise the medical withdrawal from drugs or alcohol, ensuring that you complete this step safely and with least complications. Medical detox can take few days.
2. Physical Detoxification: Once your body is no longer dependent on substances, you will need to work on building up your physical health. A nutritionist can be of a great help during this phase, enabling you to develop a balanced diet to help you through the rest of the detox procedure.
3. Emotional Detoxification: Detox can be very difficult on your emotional health, that is why most facility offer help during detox. Drugs have become an integral part of your mental, emotional and social life, you will need emotional aid as you detox.